On-Page SEO is one of the three main types of search engine optimization (SEO). If you have a business or website that you want to make visible on the Internet, you need to know them all. Nobody knows precisely how search engines, such as Google, rank the millions of websites on the search engine results page (SERP).
However, even though nobody knows how Google or other search engines do it, knowing SEO techniques can help. Its practices adhere to providing the best user-experience to the readers, which is the search engines’ goal.
What Is On-Page and Off-Page SEO
The on-page and off-page SEO are only two of the three types of SEO, and the other one is the technical SEO. Yet, many people ask what the difference between the on-page SEO and off-page SEO is.
Off-site SEO is the other term for off-page SEO. It refers to the SEO activities outside your website. Its goal is to increase traffic by strengthening your site’s relationship to the third-party sites, social media platforms, and forums. The examples of off-page SEO activities are link building and brand mention.
Technical SEO Tips
The technical SEO refers to your site’s non-content elements, such as the backend structure of your website. This type of SEO aims to provide better user experience and improve the website’s readability. The activities of technical SEO include site architecture and security.
Meanwhile, the on-page type refers to the SEO of the content elements of your website. Its goal is to optimize the site’s pages to make the search engines comprehend what your web page’s content is all about. Some of its activities include keyword optimization and content creation.
Not one of these types is better than the other because all of them are important.
What Are On-Page Techniques
Unlike the off-page SEO, you are in complete control because the focus of the on-page type is content. You do not have to involve other people and influencers to help you optimize your website.
Here are the techniques that you need to do for the on-page type:
- Provide a short, descriptive, and structured URL.
- Perform keyword research for page content optimization.
- Build links inside your website, pointing to your site’s other pages and references.
- Use a catchy, unique, and descriptive title by using power words.
- Improve the loading speed of your website.
- Have a clear page format by using headlines, italics, underline, and more.
- Make your website development responsive to any device.
- Post a high-quality, well-researched, and original content.
- Moderate and publish relevant comments
- Consider the right content formatting like the proper use of font, spacing, and paragraphs.
- Do not neglect to optimize your site’s meta-descriptions.
- Optimize multimedia content like videos and images.
After making sure that you have optimized the technical part of your website, you need to focus on the on-page next. On-page comes first before the off-page SEO. If you implement the on-page SEO as a priority, other people and other influencers can confidently build links pointing to your website.