Communication is key. Whenever one hears this statement, one think of a relationship between two people, perhaps an intimate one. But communication is not that simple or restricted. For commercial industries and organisations, communication becomes a central pillar of functioning.
Radios in Australia often include handheld transceivers, better known as walkie-talkies. They also have several other devices that are used to make any verbal communication. Typically, many of these organisations use various HTs: from Motorola two way radios to compact radio kits; the diversity is staggering.
With 20.6 million smartphone users and 66% radio users, Aussies value communication just as much as any other nation. Radios hold a special place in Australian land. They refer to a lot more than digital radio and typically include cellular batteries, two-way radios, mobiles, etc. Out of these, two-way radios are the most popular ones!
What are two-way radios?
Two-way radios, better-called walkie-talkies, are small handheld devices that can transmit voice from one location to another using soundwaves and transmission systems. This transmission occurs due to the presence of an antenna on these devices.
Of course, mobile phones exist. These are often used in places where a big team of people need to remain connected during vital times. So the question arises, why not just call the person that needs to be sought after instead of buying specialised devices? Mobile phones are highly individualised and tailored to fit our likes and interests. While in a professional setting, several in-built factors might affect the productivity of the work and act as a distraction. To avoid this, there are specialised tools like the two-way radio.
What are the features of two-way radios?
Many models like Motorola two way radios offer several unique features that make them suitable for professional work. These are majorly used in 4 types of institutions:
- Corporate Sector: One cannot keep travelling up and down the elevator for quick summons and communication. POC devices with improved expandability and battery life up to 48 hours are available for this! Many corporate sector organisations, especially those that work with cybercrimes, banks, the internet of things and other privacy-related information, tend to avoid telephonic conversation due to the risk of being tapped into.
- Construction: In construction sites, there is inevitably noise created due to all the drilling and loading. Communication becomes a tedious task in such an environment. Workers need to keep one another updated on their work progress; engineers need to expound instructions so that construction goes smoothly constantly, etc. Walkie-talkies, remote speaker microphones and prominent speakers are used in such environments to amplify sound.
- Government: Security and communication are the two most important mediums that the government strives to keep secure and transparent. We have all seen the police use walkie-talkies for quick contact so that they can prevent crimes. Acoustic tubes and tiny one swivel earpieces are also available to conceal the devices.
Because these two-way radios have such indisposable utility, they come equipped with special features:
- They have android software and complete multimedia systems.
- They are easy to install and offer seamless management.
- They are cost-effective and durable.
- These devices follow an in-depth security system to protect from cyber threats.
- They have automatic feedback audio loops and are interoperable over any network.
Singular walkie-talkies, as well as packages, are available. These have a battery life of up to 30 hours and are waterproof as well!